Compatible Mounted Photodiodes
- 2" Integrating Sphere in Black Anodized Aluminum Housing
- Operating Range: 250 - 2500 nm Unless Limited by the Detector
- Equipped with 3 or 4 Ø1/2" Ports for Easy Coupling of Light (Depending on Model)
- Recessed 3 mm Detector Port Allows Direct Connection of Any of Our SM05PD Photodiodes
- Directly Compatible with SM05 (0.535"-40) Lens Tubes and Our 30 mm Cage Systems
- Durable White High Reflectance Sphere Material
- Wavelength Range of Reflective Material: 250 - 2500 nm
- Metric and Imperial Threads for Post Mounting
- 3 or 4 Coated Port Plugs, FC and SMA Fiber Adapters Plus SM05 Adapter (SM05L05) for Mounting SM05PD Photodiodes Included (Depending on Model)
The IS200 Integrating Sphere is a general purpose integrating sphere enabling high sensitivity measurements of optical signals. An Integrating Sphere evenly spreads the incoming light by multiple reflections over the entire sphere surface. This makes it the ideal instrument for many applications such as laser power, flux, reflectance and radiance measurements. The Input and Output Ports can be equipped with fiber adapters or closed with the coated Port Plugs (included); the Detector Port is recessed to avoid direct light exposure from the incidental light to the active area of the photodiode. The sphere is manufactured from PTFE based high reflective bulk material which is highly reflective (250 - 2500 nm) and is resistant to heat, humidity, and high levels of radiation. The sphere is compatible with Thorlabs' SM05 (0.535"-40) thread standard as well as our 30 mm cage systems, thereby enabling easy integration into existing setups.
Our IS200 Integrating Spheres are available with either a mounted Si photodiode (350 - 1100 nm), mounted InGaAs photodiode (800-1700 nm) or without a detector. When purchasing an Integrating Sphere without a built-in detector, the sphere's operating range is limited by the reflectance wavelength range of 250 - 2500 nm (see the Specs tab). When purchasing the sphere with no detector, any of our SM05PD family of detectors can be mounted to the Ø3 mm detector port using the SM05 threading of the included SM05 Adapter (SM05L05).
Replacement items for the included adapters and port caps can be ordered separately below.
Choose from 5 Models:
- IS200 & IS200-4: Ø2" Integrating Sphere with 3 or 4 Ports and without a Detector
- IS236A & IS236A-4: Ø2" Integrating Sphere with SM05PD1B Si Detector (350 to 1100 nm) and 3 or 4 Ports
- IS210C: Ø2" Integrating Sphere with Anode-Grounded Version of the SM05PD4A InGaAs Detector (800 to 1700 nm) and 3 Ports
For our integrating spheres we offer a calibration service upon request. Please contact your nearest sales office for more information.
Please note that inhomogeneities at the edges of the active area of the detector can generate unwanted capacitance and resistance effects that distort the time-domain response of the photodiode output. These effects are observabled when the diode is overfilled. If these effects are detrimental to your application, please contact Technical Support for further assistance.
|Detector Type||No Detector||Si||InGaAs||No Detector||Si|
|Detector Type||-||SM05PD1B||Anode-Grounded |
|Detector Wavelength Range||-||350 - 1100 nm||800 - 1800 nm||-||350 - 1100 nm|
|Sphere Wavelength Range||250 - 2500 nm|
|Dimensions||61 mm x 61 mm x 65 mm (2.4" x 2.4" x 2.56")|
|Ports||3 at 0°, 90°, and Top||4 at 0°, 90°, 180°, and Top|
|Photodiode Port||Ø3 mm for SM05PD|
|Reflectance||~99% @ 350 to 1500 nm; >95% @ 250 to 2500 nm|
|Thermal Stability||up to 250 °C|
|Laser Damage Threshold||2 kW/cm2, 7 J/cm2|
|Weight||0.35 kg (0.77 lb)|
|IS210C||Description (Item #)|
|X||X||X||Ø2" Integrating Sphere (IS200)|
| ||X|| ||Large-Area Mounted Silicon Photodiode, 350-1100 nm, Anode Grounded (SM05PD1B)|
| || ||X||Mounted InGaAs Photodiode, 800-1800 nm, Anode Grounded (SM05PD4B)|
|X||X||X||FC/PC Fiber Adapter Plate with External SM05 (0.535"-40) Thread (SM05FC)|
|X||X||X||SMA Fiber Adapter Plate with External SM05 (0.535"-40) Thread (SM05SMA)|
|X||X||X||SM05 Adapter (SM05L05) for Mounting SM05PD Photodiodes|
|X||X||X||End Cap Coated with 1 mm Thick Reflective Sphere Material (SM05CP2C)|