|LED Current Range||0 - 1000 mA|
|LED Current Resolution||1 mA|
|LED Current Accuracy||±10 mA|
|LED Forward Voltage||5 V|
|Modulation Frequency Range||0 - 100 kHz, Sine Wave|
|Trigger Input Channels||1||4|
- 4-Channels with Individual Current Adjustment
- Choose from Models with One (DC4100) or Four (DC4104) Separate Modulation Inputs
- Precise Intensity Adjustment with 1 mA Resolution
- Fast Switching Times of 1 ms Resolution Using the Modulation Input
- Linear Current Source Provides a Reliable and Reproducible Signal
- External Modulation: 0 - 10 V
- USB 2.0 Interface for Remote Control
- Compatible with µManager Automation Suite
- Available Customized Wavelength and Modulation Solutions
- Driver for Four Wavelength LED Source: LED4D Series
- Fluorescence Microscopy with Multi-Wavelength Requirements
Thorlabs' new four-channel LED controller series is designed to drive up to four high-power LEDs. The LED current of each channel can be adjusted independently from 0 to 1000 mA or modulated via an external voltage; for details, see the 3 Operating Modes section below. These controllers are designed for microscopy and other applications that require multiple color channels. They are the ideal driver for the LED4D Series 4 Color LED Source. Via the optional DC4100-HUB, they can concurrently drive four high brightness LEDs like our mounted LEDs (collimated / uncollimated).
The DC4100 and DC4104 controllers offer a compact housing with a backlit, easy to read LCD display. They are operated via an intuitive GUI, a wheel selector, and three buttons on the front panel. Additionally, both LED drivers can be remotely operated via USB 2.0 by the included software package with an intuitive GUI and an extensive driver set. The GUI software, µManager, is a versatile, open source, software platform for automated microscopy. A plugin allows the user to control the LED drivers right out of the box.
3 Operating Modes
- Constant Current Mode: The LED current is kept constant to a preset milliamp value. This mode is ideal for general-purpose applications.
- Brightness Mode: Controls the LED current but is set as a percentage of the maximum current. This is optimal for general and fluorescence microscopy applications. The LED current in the Constant Current and Brightness modes can be individually set for each LED.
- External Control Mode: Allows the LED current to be modulated through an external modulation trigger. For the DC4100 controller, all activated LEDs are controlled simultaneously, but individual LEDs can be deactivated. For the DC4104 controller, each individual LED can be modulated separately via a single cable (included). The modulation inputs accept voltages ranging from 0 to 10 V, with 1 V corresponding to an LED current of 100 mA.
The optional DC4100-HUB (sold separately) allows users to connect four individual high brightness LEDs, like Thorlabs Mounted LEDs (collimated / uncollimated), to the DC4100. Each LED is connected by a standard M8x1 sensor circular connector.