- Mount Ø1/2" Posts to 34 mm Rails
- Available in Three Post-to-Rail Working Distances:
- 0.5" (12.5 mm)
- 1.0" (25.0 mm)
- 1.5" (37.5 mm)
- 34 mm Rails Available with Lengths up to 2 m, Maximizing Axial Adjustment Range
- 34 mm Rails are a Solid Aluminum Extrusion, Forming a Rigid Base for Rail Carrier Assemblies
- Double-Bored Post-Mounting Hole Minimizes Post Height Drift, While a Spring-Loaded Thumbscrew Decreases Post Tip/Tilt
- Rail Carriers can be Removed and Reinserted without Disturbing other Carriers
Thorlabs' XT34 Rail Carriers allow the user to integrate our Ø1/2" TR series post-mounted optomechanical components into our 34 mm rail systems. The minimal 0.60" (15.2 mm) width of these rail carriers allows multiple carriers to be stacked directly against each other, allowing the user to efficiently utilize the entire length of the selected 34 mm rail. These rail carriers offer the convenience of using standard Ø1/2" post-mounted optics without the need for additional adapters while keeping the optical elements aligned on axis. The three different post-to-rail working distances give the user the freedom to achieve multiple horizontal optical axes with the same 34 mm rail.
Our rail carriers employ a single 1/4"-20 (M6) cap screw locking mechanism, while the dovetail clamping design securely fastens the rail carriers to any 34 mm rail. A double-bored mounting hole ensures three lines of contact with the mounted Ø1/2" post. The post is secured in place using a spring-loaded hex-locking thumbscrew that eases final adjustment of the post's height. Both thumbscrews can be tightened using a 3/16" (5 mm) balldriver (not included).
Thorlabs offers a wide and growing complement of accessories for 34 mm rails, including clamps and angle brackets, breadboard mounts, rail carriers, mounting platforms, lens tube adapters, and rail joiners. Together with size adapters that incorporate 66 mm and 95 mm rails into an XT34 setup, these tools provide a complete family of rigid, versatile building blocks suited for virtually any optomechanical setup.
Click to Enlarge
Three versions provide different post-to-rail working distances.
Click to Enlarge
Rail carriers aid in making parallel beam paths on opposite sides of the rail.