- 3-Pin TO-5 Can
- Large Active Area of 13 mm2
The Thorlabs FDS100 photodiode is ideal for measuring both pulsed and CW fiber light sources, by converting the optical power to an electrical current. The detector is housed in a TO-5 package with an anode and cathode connection. The photodiode anode produces current as a function of the incident light power and the wavelength.
Inhomogeneity on the edge of an active area of the detector can generate unwanted capacitance and resistance that distorts the time-domain response of a photodiode. Thorlabs therefore recommends that the incident light on the photodiode is well centered on the active area. This can be accomplished by placing a focusing lens or pinhole in front of the detector element.
- Wavelength Range: 350 - 1100 nm
- Peak Wavelength: 980 nm
- Peak Responsivity: 0.60 A/W
- Active Area: 13 mm2
- Diode Package Type: TO-5
- Rise / Fall Timea: 10 ns / 10 ns @ 20 V
- NEP (W/Hz1/2): 1.2 x 10-14 @ 900 nm, 20 V
- Dark Current: 20 nA (Max) @ 20 V
- Junction Capacitancea: 40 pF @ 10 V
- Max Bias Voltage: 25 V
- Sensor Material: Silicon (Si)
a. Typical Values. RL = 50 Ω