- Very Short Wavelength Range of 150 to 550 nm
- Fast Rise Time
- Mounted in a Hermetically Sealed Package with a Sapphire Window
The Thorlabs FGAP71 photodiode is ideal for measuring both pulsed and CW fiber light sources, by converting the optical power to an electrical current. The detector is housed in a TO-39 package with an anode and cathode connection. The photodiode anode produces current as a function of the incident light power and the wavelength.
Inhomogeneity on the edge of an active area of the detector can generate unwanted capacitance and resistance that distorts the time-domain response of a photodiode. Thorlabs therefore recommends that the incident light on the photodiode is well centered on the active area. This can be accomplished by placing a focusing lens or pinhole in front of the detector element.
- Wavelength Range: 150 - 550 nm
- Active Area: 4.8 mm2
- Diode Package Type: TO-39
- Rise / Fall Timea: 1 ns (140 ns) @ 5 V
- NEP (W/Hz1/2): 1.0 x 10-14
- Dark Current: 10 nA (Max) @ 1 V
- Junction Capacitancea: 1000 pF @ 0 V
- Sensor Material: Gallium Phosphide
a. Typical Values. RL = 50 Ω