- 5 Degrees of Freedom plus Rotational Adjustment
- Micropositioning Alignment for Collimation or Coupling
- FC/PC and FC/APC Connectors
- Suitable for Single Mode, Multimode, and Polarization-Maintaining (PM) Fiber
- Housing is Fabricated from Non-Magnetic Stainless Steel
Thorlabs' compact, ultra-stable PAF-X-5-C FiberPort micropositioner provides an easy-to-use platform for coupling light into and out of optical fibers. This device enables alignment to an -terminated fiber with six directional adjustments. The compact size combined with the ultra-stable alignment, which is maintained over time, makes the FiberPort an ideal solution for fiber coupling or collimation.
While holding the connector and fiber stationary, the built-in lens can be aligned with five degrees of freedom: linear alignment of the lens in the x, y, and z axes and angular alignment for tip and tilt. In addition, the locking screws on the front plate can be loosened to enable rotation of the bulkhead for PM fiber alignment. The lens adjustment and bulkhead adjustment provide a total of six degrees of freedom. After alignment is complete, a locking setscrew can be tightened to secure the settings. Please contact Tech Support for complete instructions regarding bulkhead adjustment.
- Effective Focal Length: 4.6 mm
- Input Mode Field Diameter: 10.4 µm
- Output Waist Diameter: 0.87 mm
- Divergence: 2.261 mrad
- Length: 0.69/17.5 in/mm
- Lens Characteristics:
- Clear Aperture: 4.9 mm
- NA: 0.53
- AR Coating Range: 1050 - 1600 nm