Vytran® Ultrasonic Cleaner for Bare Fiber
- Adjustable Immersion Depth, Cleaning Time, and Intensity
- Interchangeable Nests for Compatibility with a Range of Fiber Holders
- Slotted Lid Reduces Cleaning Solvent Evaporation
Nest for Vytran
Nest for Fujikura®
Nest for Fitel®
for Bare Fiber
for Fiber Holders
(Each Sold Separately)
100 mL Solvent Tank
|Supported Fiber Diametera||125 - 600 µm|
|Tank Capacity||100 mL|
|Tank Dimensions||Ø1.7" x 2.8" Deep
(Ø43 mm x 71 mm Deep)
|Peak Output Frequency||75.2 - 76.4 kHz|
|Transducer Power (Max)||6 W|
|Operating Power||36 W|
|Operating Current||1.5 A|
|Input Voltageb||100 - 240 VAC @ 47 - 63 Hz|
||6.95" x 4.78" x 4.13"
(176.5 mm x 121.5 mm x 104.8 mm)
|Mass||1.28 kg (2.82 lbs)|
Click to Enlarge
The knurled adjuster allows users to set the fiber immersion depth.
- Easy-to-Adjust Immersion Depth, Cleaning Duration, and Power Level
- Bare Fiber Nest with Magnetic Clamp Included with Ultrasonic Fiber Cleaner
- Compatible with Isopropanol (Isopropyl Alcohol)
- Spout for Easy Fluid Disposal; Slotted Shield for Reduced Solvent Evaporation
- Interchangeable Fiber Holder Nests Sold Separately:
- USC2NVT Nest for Vytran Transfer Bottom Inserts
- USC2NFJ Nest for Fujikura® FH-100 Series Fiber Holders
- USC2NFT Nest for Fitel® S710S Series Fiber Holders
- Accessories Available for Vytran Nest:
- Clamp for Non-Magnetic Inserts
- Spacers for Long Inserts
Thorlabs' Vytran® USC2 Ultrasonic Fiber Cleaner is designed for volume processing of bare fiber. Adjustment knobs for cleaning intensity and cleaning duration allow the user to easily set repeatable cleaning parameters. The dunking jig offers adjustable immersion depth and is compatible with interchangeable fiber holder nests (each sold separately). A red LED indicates when the cleaning cycle is active.
Tilting the dunking jig submerges the fiber in the tank and initiates the ultrasonic cleaning process. The ultrasonic agitation ceases after the chosen cleaning duration. The height of the fiber holder above the solvent tank can be changed over a 0.5" (12.7 mm) range using the knurled adjuster on the side of the dunking jig, as shown in the photo above. The knurled adjuster can also be reversed to disengage the bare fiber nest and switch it out for another fiber holder nest. Each cleaner is shipped with a bare fiber nest installed in the dunking jig. Nests for Vytran, Fujikura®, and Fitel® fiber holders are sold separately below. Accessories are available below for the Vytran fiber nest to support a wider range of usage scenarios, including spacers for recessing inserts farther from the solvent tank and a clamp for non-magnetic bottom inserts.
Please note that the 100 mL solvent tank is only suitable for use with isopropyl alcohol.
|No Comments Posted|
Click to Enlarge
A nest for bare fiber is included with the USC2 Ultrasonic Cleaner.
Click to Enlarge
The cleaning intensity and duration controls are located on the rear of the cleaner.
- Ultrasonic Cleaner with Nest for Ø125 - Ø600 µm Bare Fiber
- Includes Slotted Vapor Shield, Lid, and Power Supply with Location-Specific Cord
- Interchangeable Fiber Holder Nests Sold Separately Below
- Compatible with Isopropyl Alcohol
The USC2 Ultrasonic Cleaner for Bare Fiber features adjustable cleaning intensity, duration, and immersion depth. The intensity and duration of the cleaning cycle is adjusted using the knobs on the rear of the unit, as shown in the photo to the right. The immersion depth is set by rotating the knurled adjuster under the fiber nest. The adjustment range is approximately 0.5" (12.7 mm) and the dunking jig offers engraved graduations as a guide.
The cleaner includes a bare fiber nest for Ø125 - Ø600 µm fiber, as shown in the photos to the right. This fiber nest features a V-groove and rubber pad design to hold the fiber without damaging it. The stainless steel hinge assembly on the side of the magnetic clamp can be adjusted to hold larger diameter fiber. It can also be flipped to accommodate a left-handed orientation.
Additional fiber holder nests are sold separately below. To remove the installed nest, rotate the knurled adjuster until the nest is disengaged. Regardless of which nest is installed, it is possible to clean fibers by hand-dipping them. In this case, agitation can be started by pressing the blue button. The cycle finishes after the timer expires. For custom nests for other fiber holders, please contact Tech Support.
- Interchangeable Fiber Holder Nests for Compatibility with:
- Vytran Transfer Bottom Inserts (Item # USC2NVT)
- Fujikura® FH-100 Series Fiber Holders (Item # USC2NFJ)
- Fitel® S710S Series Fiber Holders (Item # USC2NFT)
These interchangeable nests for the USC2 Ultrasonic Cleaner provide compatibility with specific transfer inserts and fiber holder designs.
The USC2NVT Nest is designed for use with Thorlabs' Vytran transfer bottom inserts and the VHT1 Transfer Insert Clamp, which are used by our Vytran Splicers and Cleavers. Accessories are available below for the Vytran fiber nest to support a wider range of usage scenarios, including spacers for recessing inserts farther from the solvent tank and a clamp for non-magnetic bottom inserts. The dowel pins on the back of the nest enable precision mounting of the spacers offered below.
The USC2NFJ Nest is compatible with Fujikura® FH-100 Series Fiber Holders. Lastly, the USC2NFT Nest is compatible with Fitel® S710S Series Fiber Holders.
Click for Details
Click for Details
- Enable Greater Flexibility When Using the USC2NVT Vytran Nest
- Spacers for Recessing Inserts Farther Back in the Vytran Nest
- USC2CL Clamp to Retain Non-Magnetic Vytran Transfer Bottom Inserts
Spacers attach to the back of the USC2NVT Vytran Nest and enable inserts to be held farther back from the end of the dunking jig, as shown in the photo directly to the right. This is useful in configurations where the fiber processor user needs to have the strip interface further from the surface of the solvent than the knurled adjuster will allow.
There are two types of spacers. The 5 and 10 mm spacers are designed to attract the magnets on the bottom magnetic inserts. The 15 and 20 mm spacers feature a "Y" shape, and the side material serves to attract the side magnets of the insert. All spacers are positioned by two dowel pins protruding from the back of the nest and are held in place magnetically.
The USC2CL Magnetic Clamp can be used with the USC2NVT Vytran Nest to retain transfer bottom inserts that don't have built-in magnets (VHE Series Inserts), as illustrated in the second photo to the right. These inserts may otherwise fall out of the nest if they are placed in the dunking jig and tipped without any additional restraint.