Threaded Manual Beam Shutter
- Internal and External SM1 Threading
- Lever-Activated, Light-Tight Shutter
- Engraving Indicates Closed Position
Enclosed Beam Path with Shutter
|Shutter Selection Guide|
|Ø1/4", Ø1/2", and Ø1"
|Ø1/2" and Ø1"
Click to Enlarge
SM1SH1 Shown in the Open and Closed Positions
- Open/Close Lever Positions
- Internal and External SM1 Threading (1.035"-40)
- SM1 Lens Tube System Compatible
- Clear Aperture when Open: 7.2 mm (0.29")
- Shutter is Completely Light-Tight
The SM1SH1 Manual Beam Shutter provides a convenient, labeled switch for propagating a beam through an optical assembly. The lever-actuated shutter is firmly held in position with a precision detent mechanism at both the opened and closed locations.
This aluminum shutter incorporates internal SM1 threads (1.035"-30) on one side and external SM1 threads on the other, making it ideal for use with our lens tube systems. The internally threaded side of the shutter has a metal plate enclosing the shutter mechanism designed to withstand high power and short pulsed beams. Therefore for best performance, this metal plate should face the incoming beam.
Please note that we do not recommend using the SM1SH1 shutter within a 30 mm cage system, as the cage rods will interfere with the shutter's lever actuator. If it is used in a cage system, we recommend placing the shutter at the end of a branch, as shown in the photo above.