Soft Jaw Pliers for Lens Tubes
- Tools for Tightening or Loosening Lens Tubes
- Non-Marring Contact Points
TGP1 Used to Tighten a Ø1" Lens Tube
onto an LMR1 Lens Mount
Thorlabs offers two sizes of soft jaw pliers for tightening or loosening lens tubes, optical posts, and delicate assemblies. To grip small objects with diameters under 1", we suggest our SJP1 Small Soft Jaw Pliers. For larger cylinders with diameters from 1/2" to 2.5", we suggest our TGP1 Large Soft Jaw Pliers.
|No Comments Posted|
Click to Enlarge
SJP1 Used to Tighten a Ø1/2" Lens Tube
- Ideal for Tightening and Loosening Ø1/2" Lens Tubes and Cap Screws
- Non-Marring Cushioned Tip Design
- Screw-In Replacement Tips
These non-marring Soft Jaw Pliers are ideal for securing and removing Ø1/2" Lens Tubes as well as cap screws. They can also be used for handling cylindrical objects with diameters <1.0". The pliers are made of forged steel with plastic cushion grips. The screw-in tip design allows for easy replacement of the cushioned tips. The SJP1-T replacement tips are made of plastic and can be secured on the plier using the included M2.5 threaded flat head screws.
Click to Enlarge
Close-Up of the Four Adjustment Positions on the TGP1
- Ideal for Tightening and Loosening Ø1/2", Ø1", Ø30 mm, and Ø2" Lens Tubes
- Non-Marring, Smooth, Urethane Jaw Design
- Four Available Adjustment Positions
These non-marring Soft Jaw Pliers are ideal for securing and removing Ø1/2" to Ø2" Lens Tubes. Four locking adjustment positions let the pliers accept a wide range of cylindrical objects from Ø1/2" to Ø2.5". Additionally, the smooth, urethane jaw allows the pliers to grip objects without causing damage.